1, The videos I watched were The Mystical North: Spanish Art
and the Impact of Cubism. I picked the first video because I was interested in Spanish
art and did not know much about it. I thought it would be something new to
learn about. In that video they mentioned cubism but did not expand much on it so
I picked the cubism video so I would obtain knowledge about that style of art.
2. For the Spanish art video, I learned a lot about the
different artists including Goya, Gaudi, and Picasso. I learned about their
unique styles including Goya’s darkness and age of doubt, Gaudi’s organic,
sexy, shapes, and Picassos spirituality and sensuality. The second video about
cubism thought me about the concept of the style that included freeing the art
from imitation with shadows, dark and light contract, and making the abstract
become concrete.
3. The text related exactly to the readings and gave me a
more in depth understanding of the actual style of art instead of learning
about the people. I learned why the art styles were the way they were and where
it derived from. There were many background events that the text talked about
that influenced the artists to make their work a certain way. It was all about
their experiences with the outside world, the people they encountered, and actions
taking place.
4. I believe the films gave me a deeper understanding of art
concepts because I was unaware of most of these artists and their work. I am
now more educated on Spain, the culture, and the artists during the time
period. I especially feel like I was connected to cubism and the intriguing design
of the style.
No comments:
Post a Comment