Saturday, February 25, 2017

I thought that creating my logo was a fun experience that I would not of done if I was not taking this course. It was interesting brainstorming what I wanted in my logo and how all my ideas would assemble. This assignment brought out the more creative side of me by letting us have the power to create anything that we would like.

In the logo creation the first thing I thought of was to create something that would stand out. To establish multiple elements of art, I wanted to have a pattern in my logo along with an attention grabbing bold piece. I than decided on using my initials T L P along with a floral like pattern since I enjoy bright and vibrant colors of nature. It took time to incorporate them all into one piece that flowed but I believe I made it work.

The most important discovery I made during the making of my logo was color selection. I did not want the colors of the pattern to over power the color of my initials but I wanted them to smoothly flow. I avoided dark shades and went with complementary ones that suited the overall theme of my logo.

The videos and other information provided were a great starter to understand what logos really are for. They need to be a staple piece that stands out and sets yourself or your company apart from others. There needs to be recognizable factors that will catch the eye and stay in the viewers minds. This all plays into graphic design and the advancements that the art world is taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment