1.
I selected the videos on Velazquez and Durer because
they were 2 artists I have never heard of and I was interested in their work
and legacy on the art world.
2.
The Durer video taught me about Albrecht life in
Germany in the late 1400s. He was skilled from a young age and was influenced
by artists that came before him. He was skilled in wood cuts and was attracted
to landscapes, print making and portraits. The Velazquez video explained how he
was a court painter to Philip the 4th in Madrid. He focused on
capturing timeless moments and studied others works so he would be aware of his
own depth.
3.
The videos are just fragments of the overall
lesson in the text. The book describes all of the artists in Europe during the
High/Early Middle Age and the 18th/19th century. It goes
into detail about different art style I heard in the film including. The videos
were only a small portion of the text, but after reading I was able to
comprehend the artists and why they had their specific style of art that
accompanied what was going on in the world around them.
4.
I liked learning about the different artists but
they did not teach me as much as the text did. The works and styles of
Velazquez and Durer were interesting to learn about and added depth to my understanding
of the culture of that time period.
No comments:
Post a Comment