1.
For my inspiration pieces I used the online
Google gallery and visited the Israel Museum. The first piece I picked was the
portrait of Leopold Zborowski. I chose this piece because it was not a clear
portrait; the different strokes and colors create a unique way the man is
depicted. The next inspiration piece is called the portrait of Mme. Paulin.
This painting stood out to me because of what this woman is wearing. Her outfit
stands out and makes a statement, but her face looks sad and bland. It makes
the viewer think of who the woman truly is. My final inspiration piece is A
Woman in a Flowered Dress. I like this piece because the woman does not have a name,
or any symbols that show of who she is. She is normal like you and me and the
viewer can create any story they want about her.
2.
I chose to draw my self portrait because I enjoy
drawing and I felt that I could put forward my best work with this project with
a pencil and paper.
3.
The biggest challenged I faced with this project
was matching facial features from the photo and my drawing. I don’t really draw
people so features like noses and ears are not my specialty. I overcame hem by
looking at my inspiration pieces and taking what I could from them.
4.
My portrait represents me because it depicts the
type of person I am. I love make up, having fun, and dressing up. I feel like
this is a great photo of me and one I was able to draw correctly and gave a
representation of the fun loving person I am.
5.
Some elements and principles I used were color, line,
proportion, and gradation.
6.
This project was not my favorite. I wish there
were examples of what I was supposed to exactly do because I am not sure I even
did the right thing. Overall I think my project is nice. I like the picture I took of myself and I was able to draw it somewhat accurately.




No comments:
Post a Comment