Saturday, February 25, 2017

A)
1.  Artist- Willard LeRoy Metcalf
Title- Prlago Tuscany
Year- 1813
Media- Oil on Canvas
Scale- landscape full frame
This painting made an impact on me because I am heading to Tuscany in the summer. The brown buildings are stunning and the green grass around them adds a unique architectural for that area.

2.  Artist- Nicolas African
Title- The High Wire
Color Lithograph edition 3/100
Scale- sketch
I believe this painting stood out to me because of the message behind it. Life is a balancing act and there’s going to be many people that want to push you off your track. If you follow you dreams and aspirations, there are going to be struggles, but you can accomplish anything.


B)
1.  Artist- Chase Oldengurg
Untitled (Dropped Ice Cream Cone Oil Derrick)
From Notes 1968
Lithograph on Paper edition 69/100
Scale- close up vignettes
I feel a strong connection with this work of art because it reminds me off all the times I have seen myself and others fail, and melt away. The dropped cone represents failure and the times you did not reach your full potential. These moments happen throughout life and are unavoidable.

2. Artist- Charles E Burchfield
Title- Winter, East Liverpool 1927
Oil on Canvas
Scale- human scale/eye height point of view
I have a connection with this painting because I have experienced the dreariness that winter brings. The town painted looks gloomy and depressed. The gray clouds and constant snow fall are not uplifting factors and suitable for positive living.

C)
1. Artist- Marc Chagall
Title- The Flying Fish 1948
Oil on Canvas
Scale- still life collage
This painting is extremely interesting and I would love to know more about who the fish exactly are and why they are affecting the couple on their wedding day. Are they signs of the past or present? Are they good or bad?

2. Artist- Seb Patane
Title- Miss Esme Beringer 2005
Ink on Newsprint
Scale- full body portrait

This painting has a lot of hidden messages that one does not have answers to. From looking at this woman you can tell she is rich but in distress. I would like to find out about her social status and personal life to find out what exactly is causing her to drive herself mad.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the pieces that you chose for this project. The piece by Marc Changall I actually chose for my project too. I love the way that it's so dark and eerie but there is a joyous wedding scene happening in the same painting. I really enjoyed the Miss Esme Beringer 2005 painting as well. It means so much and it is so intense that it really makes a huge impact when you see it. All of the pieces that you chose were beautiful in their own unique ways.

    ReplyDelete